Tuesday, April 10, 2018

At first I was a bit nervous of how this trip would go. Would I fit in? How would it feel to be away from family? Would this trip change who I am? It’s day 7 and I don’t want to leave, we’ve just meet each other, but we quickly grew onto one another. From long hikes of enjoying the breath taking scenery to just being around each other laughing to the point of where we’ll start crying especially Ms. Lock. It made me feel so good to see her happy for the reason which she has put so much effort into this trip including Ms. Mancebo and Ms. Calabrese. It was truly a pleasure of being part of this expedition, and thanks to Nikki and Dave I have received an experience of not only learning about owls or as Dave refers to these spectacular animals “the pinnacle of evolution”, but also I feel like I changed as an individual. There’s more to life than just being indulged with social media I was a bit skeptical of being involved in a group with people I don’t know besides my buddy, Terrance. That quickly changed when we decided to go hiking after lunch which I must say the food was the best home cooked meals of all time, but anyways we took a picture of us on a bridge, now keep in mind there’s 9 of us and we were on a bridge that felt like it was ready to break. However, that didn’t really matter it was a moment we simply cherished together and that’s how I’ve meet my fellow friends. They’re all so amazing and it’s true some took more time to get used to, but now we’re on the plane back to New York as friends that feel as if we knew each other forever. They all have there own different personalities from Jacob constantly correcting my grammar to Kayla as she in a way reminds me of myself. I thought all Carl Sagan’s students were nerds, yet when I meet Kayla she showed me how amazing they are. Also, how can I forget the rest of our group including the adults as we taught them new slangs such as “in our bag” or “in our cavity.” (Credits to Asianna) Nikki is truly a spectacular individual; she taught me so much about science, owls, and most of all life itself. I’m going to miss our car rides of Terrance singing your country music which I don’t really hate as much...I already miss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment